Barbering Level 3
We are the biggest training provider of barbering apprenticeship programmes in England and are the first independent training provider in the UK to be certified in the Wahl Men’s Method.
Our apprenticeship is ideal for those already working within the industry but wanting to advance their barbering skills through a 12 month shop-floor training programme delivered by our Wahl endorsed development specialists. We’ll inspire and train you so that you’re confident and skilled with the latest cutting edge techniques, treatments and equipment.
About the programmeThis a 12 month programme that can be started at any time in the year and is delivered within the salon or barber shop. The apprenticeship includes a number of required and optional learning units allowing you the flexibility to choose what and how you learn so that your training plan is really specific to you and the salon where you work. Your clients will see first-hand how you are keeping up with industry and product developments enhancing your customer service and selling skills. Throughout the apprenticeship you’ll build the kit needed for your development and progression at key stages of the programme, including blockhead units, hairbrushes or clippers.
Is the apprenticeship for you?This is ideal for anyone with a Barbering Level 2 qualification or industry experience giving you an excellent route way to upgrade and develop your barbering skills. Our apprenticeship will help you keep on point with the latest trends and give you the opportunity to take your existing skills and knowledge to the next level. You’ll be giving your customers the very best barber shop satisfaction with your new abilities.
What you’ll learn
The learning in this apprenticeship focuses on the advanced skills you will need to progress as a barber. Development areas include:
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of barbering techniques
- Design and create a range of facial hair shapes
- Shaving services
- Client consultation
- Design and create patterns in hair
- Relaxing Services (massage techniques)
- Salon Reception
- Financial effectiveness
- Planning, implementation and evaluation of promotions
Specialist skills choices
- Perm and Neutralise Hair
- Specialist Hair and Scalp Techniques
- Colour Correction
- Creative Hairdressing
- Colour and lighten men’s hair
You’ll also learn the fundamental behaviours required to work professionally and safely in the industry including: safe ways of working, professionalism in the workplace and communication and values.
How you’ll learnOver 12 months you will receive a comprehensive, salon-focussed training programme delivered by a passionate team of industry experienced and expert Trainers, trained by Wahl’s Artistic Directors. We deliver a blended learning programme in your salon scheduled around the business needs. The programme includes:
- 1-2-1 visits every 3 weeks by one of our hair and barbering expert Trainers
- Industry leading insight from Chris Foster and Simon Shaw from Wahl
- Partnership working to shape the programme with your employer
- E-books and online resources including worksheets and videos to enable independent and flexible learning enhancements
- Practical assessments and observations carried out in your salon environment or through portfolio evidence
- Off the job training including work shadowing, practice on block heads and models, product and technique research activities
- Support from English/maths specialists if required
Get in touch!
Need more information? No problem! It doesn’t matter if your query is big or small, our teams are here to help. Just complete a quick enquiry form and we will be in contact to assist you with your query.