Trade Supplier Level 2
As a Trade Supplier apprentice you will play a vital role in ensuring an efficient sales of goods and services between trade businesses and their skilled customers, with options to work across a variety of sectors including electrical, plumbing, joinery. The Trade Supplier apprenticeship will equip you with the skills and technical knowledge of the products offered by your trade business together with the communication skills to confidently manage customer sales at the trade counter and over the telephone, providing high quality sales services and account management that encourages regular and repeat business. This Standard will also provide you with an ideal progression route into specialised, supervisory and management roles and qualifications within a trade business.
About the programme
Our 12 month Trade Supplier apprenticeship programme has been developed with our employer partners including market leaders Screwfix and the Grafton Group, multi-channel retailers of trade tools, accessories and hardware products. It’s a job-focused programme of training that’s ideal for both new recruits to become fully-rounded trade suppliers or as a training option for those already working within a trade environment.
The programme uniquely combines training in both the warehouse and the trade counter together with a strong focus on identifying and managing customer needs, giving you a wider base of skills and knowledge from which to progress your career within the trade supplier industry. The programme will enable you to confidently deal with customers, manage their requests and enquiries providing the products and services they need, whether this be through sales, purchasing, logistics or administrative processes and functions, using the business technology and systems to do so.
At the end of the 12 months you will undertake a half-day end-point assessment which involves a knowledge test, real-life practical observation and a professional discussion, with the opportunity to be awarded a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
Is the apprenticeship for you?
This is an ideal programme to start if you’re in the early stages of a career in the Merchanting industry or are looking to develop new skills ready for your next career development opportunity.
Key responsibilities you’re likely to have in day to day work include dealing with customer sales and processing orders, taking delivery of incoming deliveries, stock control and despatch and the basic administration related to these tasks. A key focus of your apprenticeship will be to develop the technical knowledge of the products and services offered together with the bespoke systems and equipment used in your trade business.
Are there any entry requirements?
What you’ll learn
You’ll learn the essential knowledge and skills needed to successfully fulfil your role as a Trade Supplier and be able to identify and respond to your customer needs with confidence and precision. During the programme we’ll cover a range of topics to help you develop these skills and prepare you for end point assessment including:
- Overview of the UK’s trade and Merchanting sector and your organisation’s role within it
- Recognising the products, services and language used by your customers and the technical application of those product and services
- Sales techniques, effective listening and understanding, telesales and face to face sales, merchandising and data protection
- Customer Processes including repairs, returns, replacements and refunds
- Relationship management with internal and external customers, understanding customer needs, customer satisfaction and business performance
- Health & Safety and Security including the sales of restricted goods and safe storage of goods
- Taking orders and managing deliveries
- Use of technology and systems training
How you’ll learn
The apprenticeship programme has been created by industry experts and is tailored to your business by our sector expert trainers. Over 12 months you will receive a comprehensive, job-focussed rigorous training programme relevant to your wholesaler branch with blended delivery scheduled around business needs including:
- Workplace & Classroom training activities
- Face to face knowledge sessions, with additionally skype sessions if required
- Individual face to face site visits with you and your Line Manager
- Portfolio tasks e.g. Fact finding about your organisations policies and procedures:
- Consumer rights/ Service Level Agreements with Trade customers returns/refunds etc.
- Online learning modules
- Off the job training tasks including supplier site visits and trade conferences
- Progress reviews, including a pre-gateway and final gateway review
- End point assessment preparation and support
- Flexible roll-on-roll-off delivery
- Support from English/maths specialists if required
You will also record and track learning progress through the OneFile e-portfolio, helping to support and evidence your journey. OneFile is an industry leading and award winning online service which can be accessed 24/7 anywhere and through any device. Even if you’re offline and have no signal ensuring all your learning and training is easily recorded and evidenced.
Get in touch!
Need more information? No problem! It doesn’t matter if your query is big or small, our teams are here to help. Just complete a quick enquiry form and we will be in contact to assist you with your query.