Developing your career in Adult Care Work
If you’re looking to progress your career in adult care then our Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship may just be for you. Our apprenticeship courses are designed to be flexible and to fit perfectly alongside your existing role.
Is this apprenticeship for you?
Between one year and 18 months
Apprenticeship Delivery – Blended approach
A mix of face-to-face, Skype, telephone and online learning
End of Course Qualifications
A Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care qualification plus functional skills Level 1 and 2 in English and maths where require
A situational judgement test and professional discussion
The apprenticeship journey
1. 12 - 18 months on programme – a period of teaching and learning to help you develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours and support you to be ready for end-point assessment.
2. Gateway – the time at the end of the 12 - 18 months when your Line Manager, Training Provider and yourself review the on-programme journey and determine if you are ready for the on-programme assessment. For the Adult Care Worker Standard you will need to have:
• Achieved the Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (England) (QCF) (Adult Care pathway only)
• Completed the Care Certificate
• Achieved Level 1 Literacy and Numeracy
• Undertaken a self-assessment in the last month of your apprenticeship to help you see how you have performed against the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed
3. End-Point Assessment – carried out by an independent end-point assessment organisation you will need to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills and behaviours through a situational judgement test and professional discussion.