Developing your career in Operations and Departmental Management
If you’re looking to progress your career as a qualified management professional our Operations and Departmental Managers Apprenticeship may be just for you. Our apprenticeship courses are designed to be flexible and to fit perfectly alongside your existing role.
Is this apprenticeship for you?
Between two years and 30 months
Apprenticeship Delivery – Blended approach
A mix of face-to-face, Skype, telephone and online learning
End of Course Qualifications
ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management and Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths (if required)
A scenario-based knowledge test, a competency-based interview, an evidence-based portfolio, a presentation of work-based project with Q&A, a professional discussion relating to CPD activity
The apprenticeship journey
1. 24 – 30 months on programme – a period of teaching and learning helping you develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours and support you to be ready for end-point assessment.
2. Gateway – the time at the end of the 24-30 months when your Line Manager, Training Provider and yourself review the on-programme journey and determine if you are ready for the on-programme assessment. For the Operations/Departmental Manager Standard you will need to have:
• ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management
• Achieved Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy
• Completed a synoptic work-based project
• Developed an on-programme portfolio evidencing your management knowledge, skills and behaviours
3. End-Point Assessment – carried out by an independent end-point assessment organisation you will need to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills and behaviours through a scenario-based knowledge test, a competency-based interview, an evidence-based portfolio, a presentation of a work-based project and a professional discussion relating to continuing professional development.