Developing your career in Project Management
If you’re looking to progress your career in project management, then our Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship may well be for you. Our apprenticeship courses are designed to be flexible and to fit perfectly alongside your existing role.
In partnership with
Is this apprenticeship for you?
Apprenticeship Delivery – Blended approach
A mix of classroom, face-to-face, Skype, telephone and online learning
End of Course Qualifications
APM Project Management Qualification (IPMA Level D, SCQF Level 7) and Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths (if required)
A presentation and a professional discussion, both supported by a portfolio of evidence
The apprenticeship journey
1. 18 months on programme – a period of teaching and learning to help you develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours and support you to be ready for end-point assessment. The first 12 months will also see you supported by Parallel Project Management to achieve the APM Project Management qualification.
2. Gateway – the time at the end of the 18 months when your Line Manager, Training Provider and yourself review the on-programme journey and determine if you are ready for the on-programme assessment. For the Associate Project Manager Standard you will need to have:
• Achieved the APM Project Management Qualification
• Achieved Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy
• Developed an on-programme Portfolio evidencing their Project Management knowledge, skills and behaviours
3. End-Point Assessment – carried out by an independent end-point assessment organisation you will need to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills and behaviours through a presentation and a professional discussion, both supported by a portfolio of evidence.