Passenger Transport- Bus Level 2
As a Passenger Transport apprentice you will ensure people are able to travel on time and in comfort from start to end of their chosen journey. You will gain the skills, knowledge and behaviours that play a vital role in providing a high quality, accessible and safe passenger transport service to your customers. You could be driving buses, for leading operators including Stagecoach, ensuring the safety of your passengers and the wider public.
Passenger Transport (Bus)
About the programme
We’ve been working in partnership with transport industry leaders and specialists to co-design and deliver the Passenger Transport Bus Driver Level 2 apprenticeship. Together we deliver a unique training experience combining practical training and off-the-job learning activities over a 12 month programme, with end point assessment from month 13. This means you’ll gain the skills and know-how to succeed in the transport industry providing you with the starting point to a great career.
We support and train you to become competent in all of the core knowledge, skills and behaviours required for the programme, with key topics and learning including:
- Company specific and apprenticeship induction
- Theory test training (if required)
- Driving skills practice
- Garage induction
- Functional skills training for English and Maths (if required)
The programme is delivered as workshop sessions and 1-2-1 training helping you to successfully achieve the programme requirements. Our expert staff will support you every step of the way, guiding and training you to complete and achieve the programme.
Is the apprenticeship for you?
This is a great opportunity to begin a long term career in the transport sector. It’s ideal for new recruits, who hold a valid Category B UK driving licence and who haven’t previously held a PCV license.
As a transport driver you’ll have the practical responsibility of getting customers to their chosen destination safely, legally and on time.
This is a comprehensive training programme with hands-on training from industry experts for professional individuals who are both sociable and reliable. You’ll develop excellent customer service skills throughout the programme so that you’re able to support and deliver the very best service at all times.
You’ll be supported by an expert team throughout the apprenticeship with a programme designed by leading passenger transport operators so that you gain a quality learning experience by the sector and for the sector.
What you’ll learn
Our 12 month apprenticeship programme will give you the core competencies required by any passenger transport business combined with passenger vehicle and bus driver training. Your learning will include:
- Safer driving including operating the vehicle in restricted spaces and all weather conditions
- Routes and route features including restrictions
- Safe working practices
- Emergency & Hazard management
- Understanding different types of customers
- Customer service and professionalism
You will also gain a PCV license (but not as part of the apprenticeship) and driver’s certificate of professional competence upon completion of the programme, which our Trainers will fully support you to prepare for.
If you don’t have Level 1 English and Maths you will need to achieve this and take the test for Level 2 English and Maths prior to taking the end point assessment at the end of the programme. Our team of Trainers and specialist English and Maths Tutors can support you with this if required.
How you’ll learn
Typically you will have:
- A dedicated Trainer providing ongoing training, guidance and support
- 6-12 weeks upfront training
- Practical assessments and observations, including in a depot environment
- Workshops sessions delivered at a local depot
- 24/7 access to a range of online learning materials and resources
- Support from your employer to fulfil the requirements of the programme
- Progress reviews, including a pre-gateway and final gateway review before end point assessment
- End point assessment preparation and support ensuring you’re ready to progress
- Support from English/maths specialists if required
You will also record and track learning progress through the OneFile e-portfolio, helping to support and evidence your journey. OneFile is an industry leading and award winning online service which can be accessed 24/7 anywhere and through any device.
Get in touch!
Need more information? No problem! It doesn’t matter if your query is big or small, our teams are here to help. Just complete a quick enquiry form and we will be in contact to assist you with your query.