Only 18 Apprenticeships opening each month
With only 18 Apprenticeships opening each month, vacancies in the area go fast. Apply today to secure your place with Stagecoach now
Stagecoach Bus Driver apprenticeship
Are you friendly and enjoy meeting new people? Do you have the drive to succeed? We have a fantastic opportunity for you to get behind the wheel of a career in bus driving, based in the North East, Cambridge or Yorkshire. All you need to succeed is a Full UK Driving licence and a positive attitude!
Yorkshire: £18,000 – £21,000 North East: £18,000 – £22,000 Cambridge: £25,000 – £27,500 with overtime available
Yorkshire & Cambridge: 40 hours North East: Minimum 37 hours per week, worked on a rota/shift basis
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
An unbeatable bus driver role
We’re searching for sociable and reliable individuals to drive people in the right direction. You’ll be using your initiative and enjoy being part of a professional, dedicated team. As a PCV Driver you’ll be part of a team responsible for operating the company’s network of local bus services, providing essential transport for our local communities and beyond. Comprehensive training will be provided.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Interacting with customers and making sure they enjoy a safe, pleasant and comfortable journey
- Ensuring the vehicle is driven safely at all times to the high company standards
- Issuing tickets and collecting fares.
Training & qualifications:
Full, paid training will be provided, including:
- Training to obtain a PCV licence
- Passenger Transport Operations Services – Bus Driver L2 Standard
- Vehicle and route familiarisation
- Ticket machine and ticket type training
- Introduction to company/depot systems, procedures and policies
- Periodic work related training throughout your career.
Stagecoach is the largest sustainable bus operator in the UK and serves over 100 communities in towns and cities in the UK.
- 3 million passengers every day
- 2,200 routes operated every day
- 699 million journeys a year
- 7,200 buses and coaches
- 20,000 employees
- 100 major UK bus depots
- 88% customer satisfaction
- 99.5% reliability
- A five-year sustainability strategy to 30 April 2020.
Be quick! Interviews are being held on a rolling basis and so we urge you to apply at the earliest opportunity.
Requirements and prospects
Stagecoach is looking for people who are:
- Are sociable, enthusiastic and reliable
- Have effective time management
- Are able to commit to getting the job done
Stagecoach is looking for people with:
- A genuine passion for providing excellent customer service
- Resilience and empathy
- An openness to feedback and confidence working with others
No formal qualifications required although a good level of literacy and numeracy would be a distinct advantage
- Must be 18+
- Full clean license for those holding the license less than two years
- 6 or less penalty points on driving license
- Must not have had a driving ban in the last 5 years
- No live criminal convictions that are not spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act
- Must not be involved in any proceedings which may lead to a criminal conviction
- Must be a UK/EU citizen or have the right to work in the UK!
Discounts, for apprentices? Go on then.
As an apprentice you can benefit from an NUS Apprentice extra card, the discount card for UK Apprentices with loads of in-store and online discounts at your favourite brands, helping your hard earned cash stretch a little further!
For just £11 for 12 months, you’ll get discounts from the likes of The Co-Op, Amazon, National Express, New Look and much more!