Stagecoach Bus Driver apprenticeship
Are you friendly and enjoy meeting new people? Do you have the drive to succeed? We have a fantastic opportunity for you to get behind the wheel of a career in bus driving. All you need to succeed is a Full UK Driving licence and a positive attitude!
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Start your application online:
Click here to apply today
An unbeatable bus driver role
We’re searching for sociable and reliable individuals to drive people in the right direction. You’ll be using your initiative and enjoy being part of a professional, dedicated team. As a PCV Driver you’ll be part of a team responsible for operating the company’s network of local bus services, providing essential transport for our local communities and beyond. Comprehensive training will be provided.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Interacting with customers and making sure they enjoy a safe, pleasant and comfortable journey
- Ensuring the vehicle is driven safely at all times to the high company standards
- Issuing tickets and collecting fares.
Training & qualifications:
Full, paid training will be provided, including:
- Training to obtain a PCV licence
- Passenger Transport Operations Services – Bus Driver L2 Standard
- Vehicle and route familiarisation
- Ticket machine and ticket type training
- Introduction to company/depot systems, procedures and policies
- Periodic work related training throughout your career.
Stagecoach is the largest sustainable bus operator in the UK and serves over 100 communities in towns and cities.
- 3 million passengers every day
- 2,200 routes operated every day
- 699 million journeys a year
- 7,200 buses and coaches
- 20,000 employees
- 100 major UK bus depots
- 88% customer satisfaction
- 99.5% reliability
Be quick! Interviews are held on a rolling basis and so we urge you to apply at the earliest opportunity.
Requirements and prospects
- Job security – Stagecoach have been going since 1980 and turnover £1.3 billion per year
- Free travel – for you and your companion on Stagecoach buses
- Regular income – apprentices are paid weekly and receive the equivalent of a qualified driver
- Working environment – you’ll be out and about, trusted to look after customers and enjoy yourself while you’re doing just that.
- Skills for life – you’ll learn how to drive a bus. We’ll pass on our expertise so you can drive with as much ease as you do your everyday car.
- Progression and promotion – plenty of employees started as a driver but are now Inspectors, Trainers and Managers.
UK wide opportunities – if you fancy moving somewhere new, you’ll be okay for employment. Stagecoach work across the UK.
There’s only two things we need from you:
1. A driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points on it.
2. A passion for delivering a great customer experience.
And that’s it… we’ll help you with everything else you need to know!
So if you like the sound of earning while learning, gaining a qualification whilst becoming a professional driver and customer ambassador for Stagecoach, click apply now. We can’t wait to get your application!
No formal qualifications are required although a good level of literacy and numeracy would be a distinct advantage.
Grab the wheel with Stagecoach
Bus driving apprenticeships are a great way of securing a job and getting into the passenger transport industry. Apply today to secure your place with Stagecoach now.