BT Group’s consumer division has announced plans to team up with apprenticeship training provider, Interserve Learning & Employment (ILE), to recruit and train more BT apprentices than even before. The first successful group of BT apprentices will start in the Accrington contact centre in July, where they will kick-start their careers with the telecoms group.
The introduction of the apprenticeship levy has allowed BT to further maximise apprenticeship opportunities available to current employees as well as new recruits.
As the preferred training provider to BT’s Consumer team, ILE will help recruit customer care apprentices for new vacancies across the division, providing them with new skills and developing future talent through career progression.
Over 300 people across the UK are set to benefit from the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard. Apprentices will demonstrate excellent customer skills and product knowledge to deliver a high quality of service to BT customers, having a positive impact on the BT customer experience. Applications are already being sought for customer service roles to join the team in Accrington with other nation-wide locations to follow.
As a result of this and other recent successes for ILE, a host of opportunities have become available for the right people to join the business during this exciting time. ILE is now recruiting for a variety of roles from trainers to senior managers, which you will find on the vacancy pages here.
[fancy_heading title=”” h1=”0″ icon=”icon-lamp” slogan=”” style=”line” animate=””]-ENDS-[/fancy_heading]
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Word count: 265
INTERSERVE LEARNING & EMPLOYMENT
- Interserve Learning & Employment is part of Interserve and is a major supplier of education, skills and employment services.
- Interserve Learning & employment delivers education and work-based learning that support economic growth and is the joint third largest training provider in the UK.
- Interserve Learning & Employment is one of the Skills Funding Agency’s leading providers, working with 14,000 apprentices a year.
- Interserve’s four key values enable them to put people and places at the centre of the business, delivering sustainable communities, economic development and social inclusion. These are: everyone has a voice, take pride in what you do, bring better to life and do the right thing.
- For more information visit: Learning-employment.com.
BT’s purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. It is one of the world’s leading providers of communications services and solutions, serving customers in 180 countries. Its principal activities include the provision of networked IT services globally; local, national and international telecommunications services to its customers for use at home, at work and on the move; broadband, TV and internet products and services; and converged fixed-mobile products and services. BT consists of six customer-facing lines of business: Consumer, EE, Business and Public Sector, Global Services, Wholesale and Ventures, and Openreach.
- For the year ended 31 March 2017, BT Group’s reported revenue was £24,062m with reported profit before taxation of £2,354m.
- British Telecommunications plc (BT) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BT Group plc and encompasses virtually all businesses and assets of the BT Group. BT Group plc is listed on stock exchanges in London and New York.
- For more information, visit btplc.com
For further information please contact:
Tel: 0333 444 4304