BT Customer Service apprenticeship
Increasing to £18,000 on completion of the programme
Various shifts throughout the week.
Total hours per week: 37.50
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
12-16 available (dependant on location)
Enthusiastic, energetic and engaging individuals wanted to join a market leading Apprenticeship Programme as Sales Retention Advisors, based at BT contact centres in:
Like we need to tell you. But here goes. BT is a major UK business with a great history and exciting future. Located in contact centres throughout the UK with products ranging from superfast fibre broadband to mobile services and offering TV, entertainment and education to millions (the mere mention of BT Sport brings us out in goosebumps). There’ll never be any vacancies here for someone just starting out, right? Wrong! This household brand is looking for engaging, energetic and enthusiastic people looking to start an apprenticeship with them in the challenging but stimulating role of sales retention.
So what’s that mean? It means your friends will be jealous for one. It also means you’ll earn some serious cash while learning on the job and getting your apprenticeships qualification. But really, it means you’ll be working for BT!
An unbeatable contact centre role
BT is looking for convincing and confident people to join their much sought-after apprenticeship programme within their Consumer division. They need individuals that can charm the birds from the trees.They need talented people who know their stuff. They will rely on you to help maintain and grow current customers and ensure that they remain connected to the marketing-leading products and services they deliver (and which you’ll benefit from, a lot – more on that later).
If this sounds like you and you want to join a leading light in telecommunications and broadcasting, become part of a pretty cool contact centre team and deliver an exceptional level of service, then this BT apprenticeship is for you. Making the most of opportunities and smashing targets – just by being yourself - focusing on helping customers get the right solution for them, while also learning and achieving a qualification along the way will be typical of what’s in store.
Be confident. Be connected.
The role of apprentice Sales Retention Advisor within BT Consumer is all about keeping customers who are thinking of ending their contracts and business with the company. You’ll get to the bottom of why they want to leave. Whether chatting with them on the phone, connecting through live chat or email, you will listen to customers’ concerns, realise what you can do to keep them and even better, to upgrade or improve their service and secure their loyalty.
So this is your chance to join BT, and help deliver the amazing products and services they provide that transform everyday lives – while doing the same with yours through an apprenticeship.
In return, they will work with you to help you become a brilliant Sales Retention Apprentice, and will invest in you to develop many skills including:
• A professional telephone manner
• Capable troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• A strong understanding of relevant products and services
• Awareness of competitor offers to contribute during discussions with customers
• Be part of something special
We suspect you’re part way through your application form already, but if you do want some guaranteed bragging rights, take a look at the following additional perks that come with this apprenticeship:
• A generous starting salary of £15,562, plus bonus
• Salary increasing to £20,300 on completion of the programme
• 22 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays
• The opportunity to join the contributory pension scheme
• The chance to buy shares in a pretty impressive business
• Choices benefits programme; a voucher scheme giving you the chance to buy stuff like additional annual leave (more days for those festivals)
• Free BT Broadband plus discounts on company products including Mobile contracts.
Requirements and prospects
BT is looking for people with:
• Strong communication skills, with a natural flair for conversation
• The ability to work to targets and a commitment to getting the job done
• Effective time management
BT is looking for people with:
• A genuine passion for sales and customer service
• Resilience and empathy
• An openness to feedback and confidence working with others
No formal qualifications required although a good level of literacy and numeracy would be a distinct advantage
On completion of the apprenticeship this fantastic opportunity will develop your career further with BT
Discounts, for apprentices? Go on then.
As an apprentice you can benefit from an NUS Apprentice extra card, the discount card for UK Apprentices with loads of in-store and online discounts at your favourite brands, helping your hard earned cash stretch a little further!
For just £11 for 12 months, you’ll get discounts from the likes of The Co-Op, Amazon, National Express, New Look and much more!