Apprentice Frontline Customer Service Agent
DHL International Ltd
37.5 hours, shifts TBC but will include Saturday work.
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We want to be the logistics company for the world. Our role is to connect people and improve their lives. We’re made up of a family of closely-knit business divisions all working together to meet our customers’ needs. To deliver more than just parcels and packages. To deliver prosperity and joy.
The Frontline Customer Service department is responsible for handling the vast majority of contacts between DHL and its customers. Working within that department, an Apprentice Frontline Customer Service Agent’s key role is to:
• Be the first point of contact for customers
• Log and track customer shipments
• Maximise sales by promoting value added services within the product offering
• Providing up to date information to customers and ensuring shipments are processed and sent without delay
About the employer
We connect people and improve their lives. And we do it by being uncompromisingly customer-centric and delivering excellence day in and day out. By bringing people together and making life simpler – for our customers, our employees, our investors, and our society – we help make the world a better place. DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 100,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
Our vision is to be the logistics company for the world. Our mission is our guiding light: Excellence. Simply delivered.
Address, East Midlands Airport, Castle Donington, Derby, DE74 2SA
Requirements and prospects
After a seven week training induction you will be expected to make a global difference through customer excellence, you will need to:
• Fill customers with confidence in our services
• Build rapport with customers and establish their needs
• Be driven to achieve targets and ensure a high enquiry to booking conversion rate is generated
• Maximise upselling opportunities whilst ensuring the customer has an informed choice
• Remain positive and enthusiastic during every customer contact
• Consistently provide a high level of quality service
• Manage customers’ expectations
• Maintain customer loyalty
DHL is looking for people with:
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to present and articulate verbally and written information to customers
• Enthusiastic nature with a willingness to learn
• Experience of working with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Maths and English GCSE – grade C or equivalent
75% of apprentices that successfully complete their apprenticeship remain with the company and 30% of those transfer to a different department within the business during their second year. Opportunities include progressing onto a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Customer Service.
Things to consider
The interview stage for this position includes an assessment of ICT, literacy and numeracy skills. This role includes a number of targets to achieve daily; these are monitored regularly. You will be supported with mentoring and coaching to achieve those targets however the successful candidate must hold a professional attitude.