Adult Care Worker Level 2
This apprenticeship programme has been specifically designed for those working in the care sector and for those who have passed their probation period.
If you work in care you know the positive difference your support can make to someone’s life when they are faced with physical, practical, social, emotional or intellectual challenges. By completing this programme you’ll have the knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide high quality compassionate care and support and be ready for the next step in your career.
Our expert adult care team have supported and trained over 6,000 apprentices for the Health & Social Care sector so you can be confident of being supported by a highly experienced and expert provider.
Children & Young People’s Social Care Framework
About the programme
We’ve created a 14 month blended learning programme that builds the fundamental and critical skills every Project Manager needs to succeed.
Apprentices are provided with real industry knowledge and best practice that is used by professionals today having designed the programme with specialist Project Management practitioners who work across the public, private and third sector on a daily basis supporting and managing large, complex projects.
The programme gives apprentices the time to understand the principles of structured project management which can be applied to real project situations within your business. Our learning approach goes beyond theory so that it is much more practical and useful to helping develop successful and strong Project Managers.
Apprentices benefit from:
- An expert and dedicated sector specialist Project Manager Trainer providing ongoing training, guidance and support. All our Trainers have relevant industry experience and the occupational competence to deliver the best support
- Being part of a cohort of apprentices with peer to peer support encouraged
- Regular face to face 1-2-1 sessions
- Classroom/workshop sessions
- Online learning, webinars and resources
- Guided learning tasks
- Remote support as and when the apprentices need assistance
- Progress reviews, including a pre-gateway and final gateway review before end point assessment
- APM Project Management Qualification
- An e-portfolio, OneFile to record all learning activities. OneFile is an industry leading and award winning online service which can be accessed 24/7 anywhere and through any device
- End point assessment preparation and support ensuring readiness to progress
The programme is aimed at those individuals in a role which involves the management and coordination of projects. Apprentices must be actively involved in projects to be able to demonstrate and have the opportunity to evidence the required knowledge, skills and behaviours for the programme.
What will apprentices learn?
The apprenticeship covers the theory, skills, and behaviours of professional project management to help apprentices succeed in their role. Practical and softer skills such as sound planning, organisation, leadership, management and communication skills are embedded in the learning programme too.
Apprentices will learn about the key components of being a successful project manager. Topics include:
- Risk & Issue Management
- Resource Management
- Schedule Management
This apprenticeship programme also includes the APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) which forms a mandatory requirement of the end point assessment gateway check.
Is the apprenticeship suitable for your business?
We provide apprentices with access to a wealth of knowledge that will underpin their development and professional skills.
The apprenticeship is delivered throughout the year with no fixed start dates (roll on roll off basis) so that we are able to meet employer and apprentice needs as and when required.
Programmes are delivered as cohorts of up to 15 apprentices that are:
- Quarterly open programmes in Manchester, London or Birmingham; or
- Tailored employer specific courses on employer sites across England
The flexibility in our delivery model, the expertise we can share and the quality of the learning experience your apprentices will receive, means you can be confident and reassured that the programme is right for you and your staff.
Throughout the programme we’ll also regularly meet you and your apprentice to ensure an understanding of progress being made, reporting on development as well as monitoring against the requirements of the programme, including meeting the 20% off the job.
You may also be interested in
CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE’S SOCIAL CARE
CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE’S WORKFORCE
Get in touch!
Need more information? No problem! It doesn’t matter if your query is big or small, our teams are here to help. Just complete a quick enquiry form and we will be in contact to assist you with your query.