Children and Young People’s Social Care Level 3
As the 2019 Education & Childcare Apprenticeship Provider of the Year you can be confident that your apprentices and organisation will be supported by a quality expert team.
The Children and Young People’s Social Care programme helps your staff to acquire the skills, competence and confidence to develop and support children and young people towards a successful life.
Every day we support apprentices in a wide range of social care settings in the community (such as children’s centres, schools, care homes) and we understand the importance of a skilled workforce to provide a quality support service for children and young people. We’ll use our knowledge, expertise and experience to support your apprentices to be the best they can be.
Children & Young People’s Social Care Framework
About the programme
The 12 month apprenticeship programme includes a range of learning opportunities and styles, providing apprentices with a blended learning experience that is delivered in the work place.
Your apprentices will benefit from:
- A dedicated Trainer from our skilled, enthusiastic and passionate team of childcare experts, helping the apprentice every step of the way to complete their programme with monthly sessions
- On and off the job training including face to face training, webinars and independent study
- Mandatory and optional units allowing apprentices to flex and tailor the learning to areas of interest and specialities in your setting
- Face to face training delivered in the workplace to provide apprentices and you with the flexibility to schedule resources and plan ahead
- Observations and assessment in the workplace
- Independent learning
- An e-portfolio, OneFile to record all learning activities. OneFile is an industry leading and award winning online service which can be accessed 24/7 anywhere and through any device
Regular and on-going progress reviews
What will apprentices learn?
Apprentices will advance their knowledge of child development, working safely and supporting positive behaviour in young people. A range of essential child and young people skills will be developed. Key learning topics covered during the apprenticeship include:
- Child development and factors that affect
- Communicating with parents, children and other agencies
- Supporting positive behaviour in young people
- Professional Practice
- Specialist English, maths and ICT support (if needed)
Is the apprenticeship suitable for your business?
The programme has been designed by childcare experts and is suitable for anyone working with children and young people in social care settings or looking to work in the sector.
We deliver the programme throughout the year with no fixed start dates to be able to meet employer and apprentice needs.
The flexibility in our delivery model, the expertise we can share and the quality of the learning experience your apprentices will receive, means you can be confident that the programme is right for you and your staff.
Throughout the programme we’ll also regularly meet you and your apprentice to ensure an understanding of progress being made, reporting on development as well as monitoring against the requirements of the programme, including meeting the 20% off the job.
Get in touch!
Need more information? No problem! It doesn’t matter if your query is big or small, our teams are here to help. Just complete a quick enquiry form and we will be in contact to assist you with your query.