Childcare & Young People’s Workforce Level 2
As the 2019 Education & Childcare Apprenticeship Provider of the Year you can be confident that your apprentices and organisation will be supported by a quality expert team.
The Children and Young People’s Workforce programme is an entry level apprenticeship for those working (or entering the sector) with children from birth to 19, primarily within Early Years, Children’s Social Care or Learning Development and Support Services. Apprentices are taught how to support the learning and development of young people.
Children & Young People’s Workforce
About the programme
The apprenticeship is 12 months long and includes a range of learning opportunities and styles, providing a blended programme that is delivered in the work place. This programme is suitable for those working under supervision.
Your apprentices will benefit from:
- A dedicated Trainer from our skilled, enthusiastic and passionate team of childcare experts, helping the apprentice every step of the way to complete their programme with monthly sessions
- On and off the job training including face to face training and independent study
- Mandatory and optional units allowing apprentices to flex and tailor the learning to areas of interest and specialities in your setting
- Training delivered in the workplace to provide apprentices and you with the flexibility to schedule resources and plan ahead
- Observations and assessment in the workplace
- An e-portfolio, OneFile to record all learning activities. OneFile is an industry leading and award winning online service which can be accessed 24/7 anywhere and through any device
- Regular and on-going progress reviews
- Remote support
- Specialist English/maths support (if needed)
- Impartial Information, Advice & Guidance
We’ll help your apprentices to build the basic foundations and essential knowledge of childcare development, working safely and supporting positive behaviour in young people. Apprentices will support the delivery of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and support keyworkers in undertaking their role and responsibilities.
What will apprentices learn?
Key learning topics covered during the apprenticeship include:
- Care routines
- Providing stimulating activities for children
- Promoting children and young people’s development
- Supporting health and safety procedures
- Assisting with assessment and planning
Is the apprenticeship suitable for your business?
The programme has been designed by childcare experts and is suitable for anyone working with children and young people up to the age of 19. This apprenticeship is aimed more at those apprentices who are just starting their career in the sector and those who are looking to gain a basic understanding of the sector knowledge required to successfully fulfil their role.
The apprenticeship isn’t suitable for those involved in playwork or support activity (unless in the community) as the programme has more of an early years foundation stage (EYFS) focus.
We deliver the programme throughout the year with no fixed start dates to be able to meet employer and apprentice needs.
The flexibility in our delivery model, the expertise we can share and the quality of the learning experience your apprentices will receive, means you can be confident that the programme is right for you and your staff.
Throughout the programme we’ll also regularly meet you and your apprentice to ensure an understanding of progress being made, reporting on development as well as monitoring against the requirements of the programme, including meeting the 20% off the job.
Get in touch!
Need more information? No problem! It doesn’t matter if your query is big or small, our teams are here to help. Just complete a quick enquiry form and we will be in contact to assist you with your query.