Early Years Educator Level 3
As the 2019 Education & Childcare Apprenticeship Provider of the Year you can be confident in the quality of service, training and support your apprentices will receive. Each year we deliver around 900 apprenticeship programmes across the Education & Childcare sector with consistently high achievement rates.
Our Early Years Educator programme has been designed to support those individuals who will be (or who are) working with young children in their early years development. Apprentices will gain a wide range of skills and knowledge, supporting and helping to raise the quality of care and support in the early years setting. The programme really focuses on the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and the fundamental principles.
Every day we support employers and apprentices across a wide range of Early Years settings (such as day nurseries, pre-schools and playgroups) so we know and understand what it is like to support the sector. All our staff have relevant industry experience so our Trainers also know what it is like to work in the sector and can share these experiences with apprentices to help them grow and develop.
Early Years Educator
About the programme
Apprentices completing this programme will be highly skilled and trained ready to make a positive difference to a young child so that they develop well and are kept healthy and safe. This is a 14 month blended learning programme with End Point Assessment (EPA) from month 15 so that apprentices are ready and prepared for the next step in their development.
Your apprentices will benefit from:
- A dedicated Trainer from our skilled, enthusiastic and passionate team of Early Years and Childcare experts, helping the apprentice every step of the way to complete their programme
- A rich and wide range of learning opportunities with both on and off the job training including face to face training, webinars and independent study
- Training delivered in the workplace to provide apprentices and you with the flexibility to schedule resources and plan ahead for ratio requirements
- An e-portfolio, OneFile to record all learning activities. OneFile is an industry leading and award winning online service which can be accessed 24/7 anywhere and through any device
- Regular and on-going progress reviews
- Specialist English/maths support (if needed)
- A professional qualification, TQUK Level 3 Diploma for the Children’s Workforce (Early Years Educator, RQF).
- Enhanced knowledge by completing the Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid Course or Emergency First Aid course
- End point assessment preparation and support, including Gateway Readiness Check and mock tests
Apprentices can start the programme at any time during the year. We deliver a flexible roll on roll off programme to ensure a responsive employer led service.
What will apprentices learn?
Apprentices gain an in depth understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum and the role of the keyworker to be able to support the success of the setting. We’ll support and train the apprentices to be successful early years practitioners covering topics such as child development, theories and approaches on how children learn and develop and legal requirements including Health & Safety and Safeguarding.
Is the apprenticeship suitable for your business?
Apprentices will gain the essential childcare skills and behaviours to be able to make a positive difference to the lives of children. We’ll develop apprentices to be able to support individuals in their early stages of development and through their first steps for a future successful life in developing key skills.
Typically apprentices who complete the Early Years Educator programme and go on to gain additional experience will be well placed to become the manager of an early years setting. Therefore the programme provides you with a strong succession plan with good quality talent being developed in the workplace.
Our flexible and blended approach to training means that activities can be scheduled around needs. All learning is either on a 1-2-1 basis or small group webinars which can be accessed anywhere with an internet connection.
Throughout the programme we’ll regularly meet you and your apprentice to ensure an understanding of progress being made, reporting on development as well as monitoring against the requirements of the programme, including meeting the 20% off the job.
Get in touch!
Need more information? No problem! It doesn’t matter if your query is big or small, our teams are here to help. Just complete a quick enquiry form and we will be in contact to assist you with your query.