Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 2
As the 2019 Education & Childcare Apprenticeship Provider of the Year you can be confident that your apprentices and organisation will be supported by a quality expert team.
The Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 2 programme provides apprentices with the basic skills and knowledge to be a successful teaching assistant (or classroom support) in primary, secondary or special schools. This entry level programme is for anyone looking to enter the sector or working in the role and looking to develop an enhanced skill set.
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
About the programme
Our entry level 12 month blended learning programme is designed to help instil the confidence, skills, knowledge and behaviours required in individuals to be a successful teaching assistant.
Your apprentices will benefit from:
- A dedicated Trainer from our skilled, enthusiastic and passionate team of childcare experts, helping the apprentice every step of the way to complete their programme with monthly sessions
- On and off the job training including face to face training and independent study
- Mandatory and optional units allowing apprentices to flex and tailor the learning to areas of interest and specialities in your setting
- Training delivered in the workplace to provide apprentices and you with the flexibility to schedule resources and plan ahead
- Observations and assessment in the workplace
- An e-portfolio, OneFile to record all learning activities. OneFile is an industry leading and award winning online service which can be accessed 24/7 anywhere and through any device
- Regular and on-going progress reviews
- Remote support
- Specialist English/maths support (if needed)
- Impartial Information, Advice & Guidance
Apprentices are expected to be working under the close supervision of a teacher, supporting and helping children and young people to learn.
What will apprentices learn?
Apprentices will develop the skills to help enhance the learning experience of children and young people as well as supporting the teaching itself through assisting with planning and development activities.
We’ll help apprentices gain a better understanding of what it takes to deliver a quality learning experience, equipping apprentices with the skills to support the teacher.
Key skills learnt during the programme include:
- Understanding the national curriculum relevant to the age range
- Communication with children, parents and colleagues
- Children and young people’s development
- Health and Safety
- Supporting children with additional needs
- Prevent and safeguarding
- Assessments and planning
Is the apprenticeship suitable for your business?
The programme has been designed by our education experts and specialist team who truly understand the sector. The apprenticeship is aimed at anyone starting their career working in a classroom environment or looking to work in the sector as it provides the underpinning knowledge and fundamental skills for the job role. By learning these basic skills the apprentice will help to improve the quality of the learning experience in the classroom.
Typical job roles of apprentices we support include Teaching Assistant, Classroom Support/Assistant and Learning Support Assistant.
We deliver the programme throughout the year with no fixed start dates to be able to meet employer and apprentice needs.
The flexibility in our delivery model, the expertise we can share and the quality of the learning experience your apprentices will receive, means you can be confident that the programme is right for you and your staff.
Throughout the programme we’ll also regularly meet you and your apprentice to ensure an understanding of progress being made, reporting on development as well as monitoring against the requirements of the programme, including meeting the 20% off the job.
Get in touch!
Need more information? No problem! It doesn’t matter if your query is big or small, our teams are here to help. Just complete a quick enquiry form and we will be in contact to assist you with your query.