Teaching Assistant Level 3
As the 2019 Education & Childcare Apprenticeship Provider of the Year you can be confident that your apprentices and your organisation will be supported by a quality expert team.
The primary aim of the Teaching Assistant apprenticeship is to help individuals gain the skills, knowledge and behaviours to effectively support the class teacher in enhancing children and young people’s learning. This is an ideal programme for anyone looking to enter the sector or for those working in the role and looking to advance their skills to improve the quality of the learning environment.
About the programme
We deliver a blended learning programme designed around the academic year, with learning delivered only in school terms.
Your apprentices will benefit from:
- A dedicated Trainer from our skilled, enthusiastic and passionate team of education experts, helping the apprentice every step of the way to complete their programme with monthly sessions
- A rich and wide range of learning opportunities with both on and off the job training including face to face training, webinars and independent study
- Training delivered in the workplace to provide apprentices and you with the flexibility to schedule resources and plan ahead
- An e-portfolio, OneFile to record all learning activities. OneFile is an industry leading and award winning online service which can be accessed 24/7 anywhere and through any device
- Regular and on-going progress reviews
- Specialist English/maths support (if needed
- Paediatric First Aid Course
- Level 2 Safeguarding Certificate
- End point assessment preparation and support, including Gateway Readiness Check and mock tests
Apprentices can start their programme with us in either September or January every year
What will apprentices learn?
Our Trainers develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours in apprentices to enhance the learning experience of children and young people as well as equipping apprentices to support the teaching itself through planning and development activities.
Learning topics and areas of development for the apprentice include:
- Understanding of the National Curriculum
- Working with teachers to understand and support assessment for learning
- Theories of Behaviour
- Law and legislation
- Health & Safety
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Developing strategies for support
Is the apprenticeship suitable for your business?
The programme has been designed by education experts and is suitable for anyone working in a classroom support environment or looking to work in the sector.
High quality teaching assistants play an increasingly important role in today’s education sector. The role is vital in the development of the class, its activities and its long term success.
Teaching assistants play a fundamental role in helping to create and make a positive lasting impact for the future on the pupils and raising the standards of support in the class environment. Whether supporting social inclusion, improving well-being in pupils or strengthening quality in line with Ofsted’s requirements, the teaching assistant role underpins a lot of the positive work in a classroom.
The flexibility in our delivery model working across school terms for example, the expertise we can share and the quality of the learning experience your apprentices will receive, means you can be confident that the programme is right for you and your staff.
Throughout the programme we’ll also regularly meet you and your apprentice to ensure an understanding of progress being made, reporting on development as well as monitoring against the requirements of the programme, including meeting the 20% off the job.
Get in touch!
Need more information? No problem! It doesn’t matter if your query is big or small, our teams are here to help. Just complete a quick enquiry form and we will be in contact to assist you with your query.