Customer Service Specialist Level 3
The Customer Service Specialist apprenticeship provides those in a more senior and case management type role with the skills to be able to effectively manage the customer service experience across complex cases. We provide apprentices with the knowledge and skills required to be able to offer a quality service for your customers so that they become a true advocate of customer service for your organisation.
Customer Service Specialist
About the programme
We’ve created a blended learning programme to equip apprentices with the advanced skills and the confidence to consistently deliver the highest standard of customer service possible.
Our 18 month apprenticeship programme has been designed by a team of curriculum experts to create a high quality learning experience.
Apprentices who would benefit from this programme are those that are typically working on more challenging customer service queries. The programme is aimed at supporting apprentices who are managing complex cases or using data in an effective way to influence change and improve services.
By completing this apprenticeship, individuals are also eligible to join the Institute of Customer Service as an Individual member at Professional level.
Apprentices will benefit from:
- An expert and dedicated specialist Trainer providing ongoing training, guidance and support
- Classroom sessions (as a group)
- 1-2-1 Trainer visits in the workplace
- Webinars and virtual 1-2-1 e-learning sessions
- Remote support as and when the apprentices need assistance
- 24/7 access to a range of online learning modules, materials and resources
- Progress reviews, including a pre-gateway and final gateway review before end point assessment
- An e-portfolio, OneFile to record all learning activities. OneFile is an industry leading and award winning online service which can be accessed 24/7 anywhere and through any device
- End point assessment preparation and support ensuring your apprentices are ready to progress
Support from English/maths specialists if required
What will apprentices learn?
Apprentices will develop a deeper understanding of the role of customer service to effectively support your business and its customers with a great experience.
We’ll equip apprentices to be able to develop new ways of thinking and approaching different situations, understanding the root causes of problems, continually improving the service offer and knowing the best ways to communicate with stakeholders.
Learning topics include:
- Business knowledge and understanding
- Knowing your customers and their needs/ Customer Insight
- How to deal with different types of customers
- Providing a positive customer experience
- Managing challenging and complicated situations.
Apprentices must also achieve Level 2 English and Maths prior to taking the end point assessment if they don’t already have it.
Is the apprenticeship suitable for your business?
The Customer Service Specialist programme is aimed at those individuals with the autonomy, experience and opportunity to apply more critical thinking as part of day-to-day tasks when working with customers.
This is a more advanced and detailed apprenticeship than the Level 2 programme and requires apprentices to demonstrate a deeper awareness and knowledge of products, services and solutions to problems.
We’ve got the expertise to tailor the programme to your needs, so with your support we can revise and flex the curriculum to focus on your key products and services. Together we can create material that is truly relevant to you.
The flexibility in our delivery model, the expertise we can share and the quality of the learning experience your apprentices will receive, means you can be confident that the programme is right for you and your staff.
Throughout the programme we’ll also regularly meet you and your apprentice to ensure an understanding of progress being made, reporting on development as well as monitoring against the requirements of the programme, including meeting the 20% off the job.
Get in touch!
Need more information? No problem! It doesn’t matter if your query is big or small, our teams are here to help. Just complete a quick enquiry form and we will be in contact to assist you with your query.