A new qualification for hair professionals
We recognise that the hair industry is one of the most trusted industries today, and it’s vital that salons can maintain that trust to thrive.
The new Advanced and Creative Hairdressing Professional Standard is ideal for experienced hairdressers. It is especially beneficial for those looking to stay ahead of the curve, promote themselves better through social media, know the latest innovations, push their skills to the next level and to maintain a quality service.
Title: Advanced and Creative Hairdressing Professional Standard
What will apprentices learn?
This programme focuses on the needs of today’s skilled hair professionals. Apprentices will complete a range of higher level learning topics, covering:
- Researching and designing fashion-forward hairstyles
- Precision cutting tailored to the individual characteristics
- Advanced and imaginative colouring techniques
- Analysing factors which influence the design and creation of hairstyles
- Promoting yourself and your work through various media types and platforms
Apprentices will achieve the Level 3 Advanced and Creative Hairdressing Professional qualification.
About the programme
Dedicated training sessions will provide learners with the opportunity to network with leading industry experts, improve skills and showcase new techniques.
Apprentices will get access to and learn from industry specialists covering the latest hot topics, which include:
- Creative colouring with Lee Quinn
- Advanced cutting with Ben Brown
- Bridal hair with Mairead Meechan
- Men’s cutting with Simon Townley
- Becoming a digital marketing influencer with Simon Townley
Hair professionals undertaking this programme can expect:
- Regular Zoom sessions with industry experts
- Practical skills assessments and observations
- To create a collection of looks
- To take part in six mandatory units
- Three unit tests covering consultation, creative fashion styling and creative colouring
- Progress reviews, including a pre-gateway and final gateway review
- End point assessment preparation and support
- Support and advice from a dedicated and experienced trainer
Is the apprenticeship suitable for your business?
This apprenticeship is ideal for your experienced hair professionals, those that are already able to work without supervision.
A wide range of work environments can benefit from this programme, including (but not limited to), bespoke salons, the media industry, cruise ships, product houses and manufacturers to luxury high-end hair salons.
We deliver the apprenticeship throughout the year with no fixed start dates so we are able to meet employer and apprentice needs as and when required.
The flexibility in our delivery model, the expertise our Trainers can share and the quality of the learning experience your apprentices will receive, means you can be confident and reassured that the programme is right for you and your staff.
Throughout the programme we’ll also regularly meet you and your apprentice to ensure an understanding of progress being made, reporting on development as well as monitoring against the requirements of the programme, including meeting the 20% off the job obligation.
This programme is awarded by VTCT.
Get in touch!
Need more information? No problem! It doesn’t matter if your query is big or small, our teams are here to help. Just complete a quick enquiry form and we will be in contact to assist you with your query.