Hair Professional Level 2
As the biggest training provider of hair professional apprenticeship programmes in England you can be confident that we have the skills and expertise to support your apprentices.
This apprenticeship is ideal for those new to the salon industry or those with basic salon experience wanting to develop the core skills sets and knowledge from which to start a career as a hair professional with an industry recognised qualification. The programme is delivered in the salon by passionate expert trainers.
What will apprentices learn?
Apprentices will complete a series of learning activities covering:
- Salon professionalism and behaviours
- Client care
- Reception duties
- Safe working practices including the use of equipment, materials and products
- Client consultation
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Hair cutting techniques
- Style and finish
Then each apprentice is able to select from a range of options based on the chosen route:
- Colouring and lightening
- Hair relaxing and treatments
- Extension Services
- Barbering cutting techniques – clipper and razor cutting
- Facial hair shaping
- Shaving services
Apprentices will achieve the Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals (Hairdressing/Barbering).
About the programme
We offer two distinct training options, both built and designed to reflect the two different occupational roles available for Hair Professionals:
- Hairdressers – 20 month programme including end point assessment
- Barbers – 18 month programme including end point assessment
Both programmes, delivered by hair industry experts provide in-salon training in the core knowledge, skills and behaviours required such as:
- Client consultations
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Safe working practices
- Client care
These core skills are combined with profession-specific units for each role, such as shaving services for Barbers and colouring techniques for Hairdressers.
Apprentices who learn with us benefit from:
- An expert and dedicated hair specialist Trainer providing ongoing training, guidance and support with face to face sessions twice a month. All of our Trainers have relevant industry experience and insight that will be shared throughout the apprenticeship
- The gradual build-up of kit as they progress through key stages of the apprenticeship, such as blockhead units, hairbrushes or clippers
- Learning that is relevant and job-specific to their day-to-day tasks
- Industry leading insight from true experts such as Chris Foster
- Workplace training and practical assessments
- E-books and online resources including worksheets and videos to enable independent and flexible learning enhancements
- Remote support as and when the apprentices need assistance
- Progress reviews
- An e-portfolio, OneFile, to record all learning activities. OneFile is an industry leading and award winning online service which can be accessed 24/7 anywhere and through any device
- Support from English/maths specialists if required
Is the apprenticeship suitable for your business?
This apprenticeship is ideal for those individuals who are either:
- new to the industry; or
- already working at a junior level within a salon or barber shop and have some experience but who want their professional competencies validated by a formal and professional qualification
We deliver the apprenticeship throughout the year with no fixed start dates so we are able to meet employer and apprentice needs as and when required.
The flexibility in our delivery model, the expertise our Trainers can share and the quality of the learning experience your apprentices will receive, means you can be confident and reassured that the programme is right for you and your staff.
Throughout the programme we’ll also regularly meet you and your apprentice to ensure an understanding of progress being made, reporting on development as well as monitoring against the requirements of the programme, including meeting the 20% off the job.
Get in touch!
Need more information? No problem! It doesn’t matter if your query is big or small, our teams are here to help. Just complete a quick enquiry form and we will be in contact to assist you with your query.