Adult Care Worker Level 2
This apprenticeship programme has been specifically designed for those working in the care sector and for those who have passed their probation period.
Apprentices completing this programme will have the knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide high quality compassionate care and support and be ready for the next step in their career.
Adult Care Worker
About the programme
We deliver a 14 month apprenticeship programme that builds the confidence, skills, knowledge and behaviours in apprentices so that your staff become skilled care/support workers able to competently fulfil their duties.
The programme has been designed by our care sector experts ensuring all of the practices and expertise we have gained in the last 30 years is shared with your apprentices.
Apprentices benefit from:
- An expert and dedicated sector specialist Trainer providing ongoing training, guidance and support with regular face to face sessions and workshops
- Learning that is relevant and job-specific to their day-to-day tasks
- Workplace training
- Access to a wide portfolio of online training modules to support sector specialist learning topics supporting mandatory training requirements
- Remote support as and when the apprentices need assistance
- Progress reviews, including a pre-gateway and final gateway review before end point assessment
- An e-portfolio, OneFile, to record all learning activities. OneFile is an industry leading and award winning online service which can be accessed 24/7 anywhere and through any device
- End point assessment preparation and support ensuring readiness to progress
- Support from English/maths specialists if required
What will apprentices learn?
Through a wide variety of learning opportunities we’ll help apprentices to get the appropriate knowledge, skills and behaviours needed in their role as well as support the apprentice to successfully complete the programme. We’ll equip and skill apprentices to make a positive difference to the lives of the adults in care, enabling individuals to achieve their personal goals and live as independently and safely as possible.
Key learning topics covered during the apprenticeship include:
- Tasks and responsibilities
- Duty of care
- Statutory and legal requirements including Health & Safety
- Care Certificate – Ensuring the required knowledge and competence within the 15 listed standards
- Diploma in Health and Social Care
If apprentices don’t have Level 1 English and maths we’ll help them to achieve this before reaching end point assessment and get them ready to take the test for Level 2. Our team of highly skilled specialist English and Maths Tutors can provide additional support if needed.
Is the apprenticeship suitable for your business?
Typical job titles and roles that are suitable for this programme include: Care Assistant, Care Worker, Support Worker, Relief Team Worker, Key Worker in Domiciliary Services or Day Services and Home Care Support Worker.
The programme has been designed by our team of care sector experts who have the occupational and industry experience to help apprentices learn and develop whilst delivering provision around the needs of individual settings. We have supported and trained over 6,000 apprentices for the Health & Social Care sector so you can be confident that we have designed a programme that truly supports the sector and one that is underpinned by industry insight.
The apprenticeship is delivered throughout the year with no fixed start dates so we are able to meet employer and apprentice needs as and when required.
The flexibility in our delivery model, the expertise we can share and the quality of the learning experience your apprentices will receive, means you can be confident and reassured that the programme is right for you and your staff.
Throughout the programme we’ll also regularly meet you and your apprentice to ensure an understanding of progress being made, reporting on development as well as monitoring against the requirements of the programme, including meeting the 20% off the job.
Get in touch!
Need more information? No problem! It doesn’t matter if your query is big or small, our teams are here to help. Just complete a quick enquiry form and we will be in contact to assist you with your query.