Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3
The programme is designed for Support Workers and Senior Support workers, ready for their next stage in their career, successfully supervising and leading others to deliver quality care. We train and support apprentices to be able to confidently and competently lead, supervise and coordinate adult care support.
Lead Adult Care Worker
About the programme
This is a 14 month programme delivered throughout the year allowing apprentices to start at any time in the year.
Apprentices will develop a wide range of skills so that they’re able to competently supervise, lead and support others to deliver quality care. We’ll teach and support apprentices to be a competent Lead Adult Care Worker able to deliver the very best care and be an expert practitioner.
The programme has been designed by our care sector experts ensuring all of the practices and expertise we have gained in the last 30 years is shared with your apprentices.
Apprentices benefit from:
- An expert and dedicated sector specialist Trainer providing ongoing training, guidance and support with regular face to face sessions and workshops
- Learning that is relevant and job-specific to their day-to-day tasks
- Workplace training
- Access to a wide portfolio of online training modules to support sector specialist learning topics supporting mandatory training requirements
- Remote support as and when the apprentices need assistance
- Progress reviews, including a pre-gateway and final gateway review before end point assessment
- An e-portfolio, OneFile to record all learning activities. OneFile is an industry leading and award winning online service which can be accessed 24/7 anywhere and through any device
- End point assessment preparation and support ensuring readiness to progress
- Support from English/maths specialists if required
What will apprentices learn?
We’ll equip your apprentices with the knowledge and expertise to provide supervision, frontline leadership, guidance and direction for others.
Lead Adult Care Workers will be expected to exercise judgement and take appropriate action to support individuals to maintain their independence, dignity and control. We’ll therefore help instil the right skills, knowledge and behaviours so that apprentices are confident in taking initiative, helping and supporting others with less confidence to carry out essential care tasks and be able to contribute directly to personal care plans.
Key learning topics covered during the apprenticeship include:
- Supporting individuals to stay safe
- Health and well-being
- Playing an active role in developing personal care plans
- Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care
If the apprentices do not have Level 2 English and maths we’ll help them to achieve this before reaching end point assessment. Our team of highly skilled specialist English and Maths Tutors can provide additional support if needed.
Is the apprenticeship suitable for your business?
Lead Adult Care Workers typically work in residential or nursing homes, domiciliary care, day centres, treatment and recovery services and some clinical healthcare settings.
Typical job titles and job roles suitable for the programme include: Care Officer, Care Supervisor, Senior Care Worker, Supervising Care Worker, Senior Support Worker, Relief Team Leader, Social Work Assistant and Social Services Officer.
The programme has been designed by our team of care sector experts who have the occupational and industry experience to help apprentices learn and develop whilst delivering provision around the needs of individual settings. We have supported and trained over 6,000 apprentices for the Health & Social Care sector so you can be confident that we have designed a programme that truly supports the sector and one that is underpinned by industry insight.
The apprenticeship is delivered throughout the year with no fixed start dates so we are able to meet employer and apprentice needs.
The flexibility in our delivery model, the expertise we can share and the quality of the learning experience your apprentices will receive, means you can be confident that the programme is right for you and your staff.
Throughout the programme we’ll also regularly meet you and your apprentice to ensure an understanding of progress being made, reporting on development as well as monitoring against the requirements of the programme, including meeting the 20% off the job.
Get in touch!
Need more information? No problem! It doesn’t matter if your query is big or small, our teams are here to help. Just complete a quick enquiry form and we will be in contact to assist you with your query.