Learning & Development Practitioner Level 3
We’ve created the Learning & Development Practitioner (L&D) Level 3 apprenticeship programme with an industry specialist to ensure the learning your apprentices receive truly reflects the industry best practice. Working in partnership with DPG PLC, a leading HR/CIPD specialist, we bring you our combined 50 years’ experience in training and the most up to date L&D best practice. We’ve incorporated the CIPD Level 3 Certificate in Learning and Development into the programme so that your apprentices also gain a professional and widely recognised qualification.
Learning & Development Practitioner
About the programme
The apprenticeship is designed for those involved in identifying learning or training needs and the practical elements of delivering training.
An exciting 18 month blended learning programme has been created to help apprentices successfully complete their apprenticeship whilst also providing the foundation knowledge required for the next step in their career.
Our programme has been produced with L&D market leaders, DPG PLC so that apprentices benefit from up to date industry knowledge and L&D best practice. DPG PLC are one the UK’s most successful CIPD centres in the UK and so are able to provide true sector insight and expertise, giving apprentices the tools and know-how for the sector.
You can be confident that the support and service you get from us and our partner DPG PLC is of the highest quality. DPG PLC is the largest single provider of CIPD Learning & Development and HR qualifications in England, with an industry leading recommendation rate of 97%.
Apprentices who learn with us benefit from:
- An expert and dedicated L&D/HR specialist Trainer providing ongoing training, guidance and support. All our Trainers have relevant industry experience and the occupational competence to deliver the best support
- Being part of a cohort of apprentices with peer to peer support encouraged
- Regular face to face 1-2-1 sessions
- Classroom/workshop sessions
- Online learning including webinars
- Guided learning tasks
- Remote support as and when the apprentices need assistance
- CIPD Level 3 Certificate in Learning and Development
- Progress reviews, including a pre-gateway and final gateway review before end point assessment
- An e-portfolio, OneFile to record all learning activities. OneFile is an industry leading and award winning online service which can be accessed 24/7 anywhere and through any device
- End point assessment preparation and support ensuring readiness to progress
What will apprentices learn?
We’ll develop and train apprentices with the essential skills to be able to successfully manage day-to-day L&D activities from identifying learning and training needs, sourcing solutions and delivering then evaluating training.
Learning topics include:
- Business and Commercial understanding
- Technical expertise
- L&D function
- Identification of training/ learning needs
As well as completing the apprenticeship, individuals also gain a professional industry recognised qualification, with the CIPD Level 3 Certificate in Learning and Development. Although not a requirement of the apprenticeship, we have embedded the qualification in the delivery model as we recognise the added value this brings to individuals and employers.
If apprentices don’t have Level 2 English and Maths they’ll need to achieve this prior to taking the end point assessment. We have a specialist team and experts in place to help and guide them through this if it is required.
Is the apprenticeship suitable for your business?
Typically, the apprenticeship is for those who are working alongside colleagues in HR teams, such as employee relations, reward and recruitment.
Apprentices need to be able to have the opportunity to demonstrate that there is a need for the apprenticeship and they’ll be able to apply their new knowledge, skills and behaviours into day to day work. Therefore apprentices we work with are usually working in a similar L&D role with a grasp of technical, vocational and behavioural expertise.
Our blended 18 month apprenticeship programme is delivered as either:
- Open cohorts of apprentices scheduled regularly in London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds; and
- Closed employer specific cohorts across England, with learning tailored to individual employers
The flexibility in our delivery model, the expertise we can share and the quality of the learning experience your apprentices will receive, means you can be confident and reassured that the programme is right for you and your staff.
Throughout the apprenticeship we’ll also regularly meet you and your apprentice to ensure an understanding of progress being made, reporting on development as well as monitoring against the requirements of the programme, including meeting the 20% off the job.
Get in touch!
Need more information? No problem! It doesn’t matter if your query is big or small, our teams are here to help. Just complete a quick enquiry form and we will be in contact to assist you with your query.