Operational/ Departmental Manager Level 5
The Operations Department Manager apprenticeship brings together the theory and policy of management with practical interactive learning to improve business performance. This is an ideal programme for those who have management experience and are in a day to day senior management and leadership role. Typical jobs of apprentices we support are Operations Manager, Head of Department and Regional or Divisional Manager. Apprentices will also achieve the ILM Diploma Level 5.
Operational/ Departmental Manager
About the programme
Our Operations/Departmental Manager programme is designed to support and help those in roles with a responsibility for leading teams and delivering business plans to be successful.
An in-house team of Management and Leadership experts have created a robust programme having worked in partnership with the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) to embed industry best practice in the learning.
We deliver a 20 month blended learning programme that provides apprentices with the fundamental knowledge, skills and behaviours expected in senior leaders.
Apprentices benefit from:
- An expert and dedicated sector specialist Management Trainer providing ongoing training, guidance and support. All our Trainers have relevant industry and management experience and the occupational competence to deliver the best support
- Being part of a cohort of apprentices with peer to peer support encouraged
- Regular face to face 1-2-1 sessions
- Classroom/workshop sessions
- Online learning, webinars and resources
- Guided learning tasks
- Remote support as and when the apprentices need assistance
- Progress reviews, including a pre-gateway and final gateway review before end point assessment
- An e-portfolio, OneFile to record all learning activities. OneFile is an industry leading and award winning online service which can be accessed 24/7 anywhere and through any device
- ILM Level 5 Diploma for Leaders and Managers
- End point assessment preparation and support ensuring readiness to progress
- Support from English/maths specialists if required
What will apprentices learn?
We’ll help your apprentices to become future leaders by developing the underpinning knowledge, skills and behaviours for a successful outcome.
Apprentices will gain a deeper understanding of management and leadership techniques with theory and practice that can be applied in everyday work activities.
We equip apprentices to be ready for business challenges today and tomorrow, ensuring that at the end of the programme apprentices are confident in managing and delivering business goals.
Key learning topics covered during the programme include:
- Operational Management
- Business Management
- Project Management
- Managing People
- Decision Making
Apprentices will also complete the ILM Level 5 Diploma for Leaders and Managers as part of the programme and before the End Point Assessment.
If apprentices don’t have Level 2 English and Maths they will need to achieve this prior to taking the End Point Assessment. We have specialist staff on hand to help guide and support apprentices through this requirement if it is needed.
Is the apprenticeship suitable for your business?
An Operations/Departmental manager is typically someone who is either an Operations Manager, Regional Manager, Divisional Manager, Department Manager or a specialist manager.
Apprentices need to be in a role that allows them to apply their new knowledge and skills into the work environment so that the behaviours and requirements of the apprenticeship are met.
The apprenticeship is delivered throughout the year with no fixed start dates (roll on roll off basis) so we are able to meet employer and apprentice needs as and when required.
Programmes are delivered as cohorts that are tailored to individual employers and so are specific and bespoke to individual employer needs. We deliver the apprenticeship across England.
The flexibility in our delivery model, the expertise we can share and the quality of the learning experience your apprentices will receive, means you can be confident and reassured that the programme is right for you and your staff.
Throughout the programme we’ll also regularly meet you and your apprentice to ensure an understanding of progress being made, reporting on development as well as monitoring against the requirements of the programme, including meeting the 20% off the job.
Get in touch!
Need more information? No problem! It doesn’t matter if your query is big or small, our teams are here to help. Just complete a quick enquiry form and we will be in contact to assist you with your query.