Passenger Transport Apprenticeships Level 2
Passenger Transport apprentices ensure people are able to travel on time, in comfort and safely from the start to the end of their chosen journey. This Level 2 programme will help develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours in apprentices to deliver a quality, customer focused, accessible and safe passenger transport service to your customers.
Passenger Transport (Bus)
About the programme
Our Passenger Transport Level 2 programme is tailored to each employer we work with so that operational and business needs are met. Together we address business challenges or areas for improvement in training services and business operations to create a unique learning programme with learning that is relevant and specific to you.
Having already worked in partnership with transport industry leaders and apprenticeship curriculum experts to co-design the Passenger Transport Bus Driver Level 2 programme we have the core curriculum and founding principles of a really successful and innovative delivery model ready to support your needs.
Over a 12 month programme (plus end point assessment from month 13) your apprentices will benefit from a bespoke and specialist training experience that combines practical training and off-the-job learning activities.
This apprenticeship programme is ideal for new recruits to your business, who hold a valid Category B UK driving licence and who haven’t previously held a PCV license.
Apprentices benefit from:
- An expert and dedicated transport sector Trainer providing ongoing training, guidance and support with regular face to face sessions
- 6-12 weeks upfront training
- Remote support as and when the apprentices need assistance
- Practical assessments and observations, including in a depot environment
- Workshops sessions delivered at a local depot
- 24/7 access to a range of online learning materials and resources
- Progress reviews, including a pre-gateway and final gateway review before end point assessment
- An e-portfolio, OneFile to record all learning activities. OneFile is an industry leading and award winning online service which can be accessed 24/7 anywhere and through any device
- End point assessment preparation and support ensuring you’re ready to progress
- Support from English/maths specialists if required
We support and train apprentices to become competent in all of the core knowledge, skills and behaviours required for the programme and ensure the service the apprentices deliver to your customers is of the highest standard possible.
Apprentices need to have Level 1 English and Maths and take the test for Level 2 English and Maths prior to their end point assessment at the end of the programme. If apprentices don’t meet these minimum requirements, our team of Trainers and specialist English and Maths Tutors can support and help apprentices to reach the required standard.
What will apprentices learn?
Over the 12 month programme, key learning topics that the apprentices typically cover includes:
- Theory test training (if required)
- Driving skills practice
- Safer driving including operating the vehicle in restricted spaces and all weather conditions
- Garage induction
- Routes and route features including restrictions
- Safe working practices
- Emergency & Hazard management
- Understanding different types of customers
- Customer service and professionalism
Apprentices will gain a PCV license (although not through the apprenticeship) and driver’s certificate of professional competence upon completion of the programme.
Is the apprenticeship suitable for your business?
The programme has been designed by our transport sector experts and specialist team alongside leading transport industry employers who truly understand the sector. We have developed the core curriculum that can be transferred, mapped and tailored for you and your business to meet your customer’s needs.
We deliver a comprehensive and robust training programme with hands-on training from industry experts so that apprentices develop the required skills in an easy to understand way.
The programme is typically delivered to a cohort of apprentices and so we would need a minimum number of apprentices to be able to ensure you get the best possible service and learning from the programme. We can discuss this in more detail with you.
The flexibility in our delivery model, the expertise we can share and the quality of the learning experience your apprentices will receive, means you can be confident that the programme is right for you and your staff.
Throughout the programme we’ll also regularly meet you and your apprentice to ensure an understanding of progress being made, reporting on development as well as monitoring against the requirements of the programme, including meeting the 20% off the job.
Get in touch!
Need more information? No problem! It doesn’t matter if your query is big or small, our teams are here to help. Just complete a quick enquiry form and we will be in contact to assist you with your query.