Developing the next generation of Adult Care Workers
Do you want to support your employees to become the most knowledgeable, skilled and engaged they can be, delivering the highest level of care to your customers? If so, the Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship is designed to help you to do just that.
Is this apprenticeship for your business?
Between one year and 18 months
Apprenticeship Delivery – Blended approach
Face-to-face, Skype, telephone and online learning
End of Course Qualifications
A Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care qualification plus functional skills Level 1 and 2 in English and Maths where required
A situational judgement test and professional discussion
The apprenticeship journey
1. 12 - 18 months on programme - a period of teaching and learning to help your employees develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required and support them to be ready for end-point assessment.
2. Gateway – the time at the end of the 12 - 18 months when you, your apprentice and Interserve review the on-programme journey and determine if they are ready for the on-programme assessment. For the Adult Care Worker Standard they will need to have:
• Achieved the Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (England) (QCF) (Adult Care pathway only)
• Completed the Care Certificate
• Achieved Level 1 Literacy and Numeracy
• Undertaken a self-assessment in the last month of their apprenticeship to help them see how they have performed against the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed
3. End-Point Assessment – carried out by an independent end-point assessment organisation they will need to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills and behaviours through situational judgement test and professional discussion.