Developing the next generation of Lead Adult Care Workers
Do you want to develop your employees to become the next lead adult care workers in your organisation, able to support their colleagues to deliver the highest standards of care? If so, the Lead Adult Care Worker (Level 3) Apprenticeship is designed to help you to do just that.
Is this apprenticeship for your business?
Between 18 and 24 months
Apprenticeship Delivery – Blended approach
Face-to-face, Skype, telephone and online learning
End of Course Qualifications
A Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care qualification plus functional skills Level 2 in English and Maths where required
A situational judgement test and professional discussion
The apprenticeship journey
1. 18 – 24 months on programme - a period of teaching and learning to help your apprentice develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours, supporting them to be ready for end-point assessment.
2. Gateway – the time at the end of the 18-24 months when you, your Training Provider and your apprentice review the on-programme journey and determine if your apprentice is ready for the on-programme assessment. For the Lead Adult Care Worker Standard you will need to have:
• Achieved the Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (England) (QCF) (Adult Care pathway only)
• Completed the Care Certificate
• Achieved Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy
• Undertaken a self-assessment in the last month of their apprenticeship to help them see how they have performed against the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed
3. End-Point Assessment – carried out by an independent end-point assessment organisation your apprentice will need to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills and behaviours through a situational judgement test and professional discussion.