National employment and training provider Interserve Learning & Employment (ILE) has announced its success in becoming the preferred provider of apprenticeships for United Response.
Following a competitive bidding round involving a number of other independent training organisations, ILE secured the contract after displaying both an unparalleled knowledge of the skills needs within the health and social care sector alongside a first-hand knowledge of how to maximise the benefits of the apprenticeship levy. As a part of Interserve, with its own multi-million pound levy bill, Interserve Learning & Employment is already working across the Group Company to deliver its own internal plans. This has provided them with a unique view on how to maximise the positive impact of the levy for United Response and placed them in pole position to deliver future apprenticeship programmes for them.
Providing a range of support services for adults and young people with learning and physical disabilities, United Response works with around 3,000 people from across England and Wales, employing over 4,000 staff, meaning a significant bill for the Charity following the introduction of the levy this Spring. Realising the impact of the levy well in advance, they approached a number of providers to look at how they could best use it to secure a return on their investment from high quality Apprenticeships delivered to meet their evolving needs.
ILE will now assist United Response through a combination of services including recruiting apprentices for new vacancies, improving productivity of existing staff through upskilling and developing talent through career progression.
400 members of staff from across the UK will benefit from Level 2 and 3 Health and Social Care Apprenticeships. The creation of new apprenticeship roles will propel the company into launching its own leadership programme later this year.
Speaking of the new partnership, Managing Director of Interserve Learning & Employment Chris Peel commented, “These are exciting times for the sector, with significant opportunities emerging to help large employers meet their future skills needs and to develop new programmes to support people with their career development and further education in the work place. We are delighted to be part of United Response’s ambitious plans for their workforce training and development.”
Amanda Nicholson, Head of Organisational Development for United Response also spoke of their plans and the collaboration with ILE: “Developing a skilled, knowledgeable and confident workforce is a priority for United Response, to ensure we provide the highest quality services and positive outcomes for the people we support across the UK. The implementation of the Levy enables us to enhance the ways in which we do this and we are excited about the opportunities partnering with ILE will bring.”
As a result of this and other recent successes for Interserve Learning & Employment, a host of opportunities have become available for the right people to join our business during this exciting time. We are now recruiting for a variety of roles from trainers to senior managers, which you will find by visiting our vacancy pages here.
[fancy_heading title=”” h1=”0″ icon=”icon-lamp” slogan=”” style=”line” animate=””]-ENDS-[/fancy_heading]
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Word count: 484
INTERSERVE LEARNING & EMPLOYMENT
- Interserve Learning & Employment is part of Interserve and is a major supplier of education, skills and employment services.
- Interserve Learning & employment delivers education and work-based learning through apprenticeships that support economic growth and is the joint third largest training provider in the UK.
- Interserve Learning & Employment is one of the Skills Funding Agency’s leading providers, helping over 14,000 apprentices each year, historically in areas such as business & commerce, health & social care, childcare, hospitality and retail.
- The development and launch of the Project Management Programme is the first of a new set of professional apprenticeship qualifications we have invested in and are being delivered by the company. Others offered will include Management, Professional Accountancy/Taxation Technician, Software Developer, Network Engineer and AAT Accounting, with bookings starting from May.
- Our four key values enable us to put people and places at the centre of our business, delivering sustainable communities, economic development and social inclusion. These are: everyone has a voice, take pride in what you do, bring better to life and do the right thing.
For more information on ILE visit: learning-employment.com
For more information on United Response visit: www.unitedresponse.org.uk
For further information please contact: