Interserve’s learning and skills business, Interserve Learning & Employment (ILE), has received a strong employability provision rating during a rigorous audit by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
The DWP began the Provider Assurance Team (PAT) review of ILE’s Work Programme provision in December last year, an audit conducted with all organisations involved in Contracted Employment Provision (CEP).
The review tested ILE’s internal control systems and assessed how effective the business is at managing risk and undertook a rigorous assessment of its governance. The PAT team observed ILE’s employment provision expenditure, service delivery and supply chain arrangements.
ILE has been awarded a Grade 1 result – otherwise known as a ‘strong’ assurance rating.
Diane Moffatt, Interserve Learning & Employment’s Audit & Assurance Manager, said:
“This is a fantastic result and really reinforces the hard work, dedication and collaborative working of all our teams across Work Programme and the related support services.
“The PAT team were extremely complimentary about the passion, co-operation and dedication they witnessed in the business.”
The DWP’s report highlighted a number of ILE’s strengths, including excellent:
- management structure and reporting lines
- management checks in place to ensure staff are aware of and comply with contractual minimum service levels
- processes in place for supply chain management, quality, identifying and actioning risk
- controls in place for the review and management of caseloads
- intervention activity with customers being conducted and recorded
- controls in place to monitor completion and quality of action plans
- controls against the risk that inaccurate claims are submitted to DWP.
To find out more about Interserve Learning & Employment’s strong employability provision or the range of apprenticeships and training courses on offer, check out our learning directory. And if you do find a training programme that you like the look of, don’t forget to fill in an enquiry form.