Interserve Learning & Employment (ILE) has maintained its ‘excellent’ grading following an independent assessment.
The Merlin Standard recognises and promotes supply chain management excellence and positive partnership working. The Standard’s assessors visited ILE in June and their report was published last week.
ILE delivers Work Programme services in West Yorkshire for ILE.
Tony Cavanagh, ILE’s head of operations for employment services, said: “We are delighted that we have maintained our excellent rating because this shows the clients, employers and our supply chain that we are committed to providing the best quality service.
“It is also very encouraging to know that our own self-assessment of our supply chain management approach and practices have been validated in this way.
“The rating is testament to the hard work and dedication of our staff.”
The eight key principles that the Merlin Standard focuses on are: design, procure, contract, funding, develop, performance management, quality assurance and compliance, review and close.
Assessors reported that ILE’s procurement was “highly effective” and “enabled comprehensive support to be delivered for clients on the Work Programme”.
The Merlin Assessors found ILE was “completely transparent and is considered fair by supply chain partners… and there has never been any doubt over any party’s expectations. Performance expectations are very clearly defined, both in contractual documentation and particularly through proactive dialogue”.
And assessors also found that performance management was “excellent”. They reported that “communications channels are very effective and proactively managed, and there is high consistency in the experiences of the different supply chain partners.”
NOTES TO EDITORS:
ABOUT INTERSERVE LEARNING & EMPLOYMENT
• Interserve Learning & Employment is part of Interserve PLC and is a major supplier of employment and skills services.
• Interserve Learning & employment delivers education and work-based learning that support economic growth and is the joint third largest training provider in the UK.
• Interserve Learning & Employment is one of the Education & Skills Funding Agency’s leading providers, working with 14,000 apprentices a year.
• Interserve’s four key values enable them to put people and places at the centre of the business, delivering sustainable communities, economic development and social inclusion. These are: everyone has a voice, take pride in what you do, bring better to life and do the right thing.
• ILE will work with local businesses to help them identify their skills need and agree a suitable training schedule for staff that is aligned to their business needs.
For all news follow: @InterserveLE
For further information please contact:
Stephen Hallmark, PR & Communications Manager, Interserve Learning & Employment
email@example.com Tel: 07484085098.