What is National Apprenticeship Week?
National Apprenticeship Week 2018 (#NAW 2018) is a celebration of apprenticeships in England coordinated by the National Apprenticeship Service, taking place from the 5 – 9 March. The theme of NAW2018 is ‘apprenticeships work’, and it will showcase how apprenticeships work for individuals, businesses, communities and schools and colleges alike. During #NAW18, everyone passionate about apprenticeships will come together from across England to celebrate the success of apprenticeships, and to encourage more people to choose apprenticeships as a fast-track to a great career and business growth.
National Apprenticeship Week at Interserve Learning & Employment
We’ll be kick-starting National Apprenticeship Week early, by exhibiting at What Career Live Friday 2 March and Saturday 3 March. We’ll also be visiting schools, hosting local events at our centres too. Follow what we’ll be up to through our live stream of updates over NAW18, on Twitter.
Top tips for National Apprenticeship Week
We have listed below some ways for you to get involved in NAW2018 and with apprenticeships:
- #WorksForMe: Share how apprenticeships deliver for you, your business or your organisation. Shine a spotlight on your own #WorksForMe story with a simple social media post. If you are considering doing an apprenticeship, use #WorksForMe to be inspired by others apprenticeship stories!
- Register with Interserve Learning & Employment to be the first to know about apprenticeship opportunities
- Have a read of our CV top tips to help your application stand out from the crowd
- Look out for local events near you to get involved in
- Visit the NAW2018 official site to learn more about what’s going on during the week
- Look into the sectors that might appeal to you.
‘Apprenticeships work’ for you
To find out how ‘apprenticeships work’ and provide a fast-track to a great career, you can visit our apprenticeship levels and progression page. We work with a variety of employers and deliver a broad range of qualifications, ranging from Professional Apprenticeships to Childcare and Hairdressing. The full range of qualifications we currently deliver can be found here, and you can also have a look at our vacancies page to find out about current opportunities. We have put together some useful information to help you start your apprenticeship journey, from CV help to job searching advice. There are also plenty of case studies available on our website where you can hear from current apprentices and employers.