Hundreds of employers and their employees are set to benefit from a new Project Management Apprenticeship Programme, developed, delivered and supported by two highly experienced national training organisations; Parallel Project Training and Interserve Learning & Employment.
The two companies announced today that they will be combining their knowledge and expertise to offer a new two-year, Level 4 apprenticeship programme. This will provide career opportunities to young people as an alternative to a degree course, helping them develop sought-after professional skills to help organisations deliver more projects on time and within budget. It is not only younger people new to the role who will benefit; more experienced managers who already work in a project environment and wish to consolidate their existing knowledge can also acquire a professionally recognised qualification to complement their experience.
Today’s launch coincides with the Government’s call for more top quality apprenticeships to be designed to play a role in the success of its long-term economic plan. With ambitions to create an additional 3 million apprenticeships in England by 2020, the Government has introduced the Apprenticeship Levy, which will come into force in April 2017, further supporting the quality training of staff by employers. The new levy will open up opportunities for organisations to benefit from apprenticeship training for their workforce, leading in this case to a project management qualification with the potential for apprentices to ultimately achieve chartered status later in their career.
Speaking of the partnership, John Bolton, Programmes Director of Parallel Project Training said: “We recently learned of the great news that the more experienced and qualified Project Managers (PM) are at last being rewarded with Chartered Status. However, we’re equally keen that young people and those already working in a project environment but without academic qualifications have the opportunity to embark on the training programme to become a qualified PM.
Where a traditional project manager may have once taken a degree in almost any subject and later trained to be a project manager the apprenticeship programme is now a much more direct route that will develop the skills, attitudes and behaviours required to be a successful PM. It will teach the best practices that lead to the most successful outcomes and ultimately offer a professional qualification on the same standing as a chartered accountant or chartered engineer.”
Chris Peel, Managing Director of national training provider Interserve Learning & Employment also commented on the new collaboration: “Having delivered apprenticeships in a variety of sectors now for many years, we are delighted to launch this new Apprenticeship Programme today with Parallel, which will establish the foundations of a successful career in project management for many”.
If you are looking for an apprenticeship in Project Management, call one of the team on 0333 444 8802 or email Professional.Apprenticeships@interserve.com.
[fancy_heading title=”” h1=”0″ icon=”icon-lamp” slogan=”” style=”line” animate=””]-ENDS-[/fancy_heading]
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Word count: 495
INTERSERVE LEARNING & EMPLOYMENT
- Interserve Learning & Employment is part of Interserve and is a major supplier of education, skills and employment services.
- Interserve Learning & employment delivers education and work-based learning through apprenticeships that support economic growth and is the joint third largest training provider in the UK.
- Interserve Learning & Employment is one of the Skills Funding Agency’s leading providers, helping over 14,000 apprentices each year, historically in areas such as business & commerce, health & social care, childcare, hospitality and retail.
- The development and launch of the Project Management Programme is the first of a new set of professional apprenticeship qualifications we have invested in and are being delivered by the company. Others offered will include Management, Professional Accountancy/Taxation Technician, Software Developer, Network Engineer and AAT Accounting, with bookings starting from May.
- Our four key values enable us to put people and places at the centre of our business, delivering sustainable communities, economic development and social inclusion. These are: everyone has a voice, take pride in what you do, bring better to life and do the right thing.
For more information visit: learning-employment.com
PARALLEL PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Parallel Project Training is a project management training organisation specialising in training based on the Association for Project Management (APM) Body of Knowledge.
- Parallel wrote the study guide in partnership with APM for the Project Management Qualification which forms part of this apprenticeship programme.
- Parallel has many key clients including some of the largest project management consultancies and customer organisations in the UK. These include The National Trust, Network Rail, DSTL and several international project management consultancies like Turner and Townsend, Arcadis and Mace.
- For more information visit www.parallelprojecttraining.com