This privacy notice explains how Interserve Learning and Employment (Services) Limited is a “data controller”) collects, uses and protects personal data that we hold
- what information we collect
- how we use that information
- whether the information is disclosed
- how we protect your privacy
- Your rights
People who may use the websites include:
- our clients and prospective clients (organisations that contract us to provide services)
- our customers (the end users of our services, for example, UK citizens or our clients’ employees)
Information we collect from you
Information you provide voluntarily
When you contact us about our services, to assist you in answering any questions or queries or to get information on the website, we collect only the information you voluntarily give, including:
- any questions, queries or feedback you send us about using the website
- personal details you send to us, such as:
- your name
- email address
- phone number
Information we automatically collect
When you browse the website, we may collect information on how you use the website or online services automatically using cookies; this includes the internet browser you use, the site you came to our site from and your IP address (please see our Cookies Policy for more information).
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect to:
- improve the website by monitoring how you use it (we might also use aggregated or non-identifiable information to help with this)
- respond to any feedback or questions you send us, if you’ve asked us to respond
- give you information you want about other services
- provide services to you if you are a customer
Keeping your information secure
We will only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we are processing it, in line with our data retention policies, client requirements and data protection legislation. However, where possible we will anonymise this data so that you cannot be identified. Where we do not need to continue to process your personal data, it will be securely destroyed.
We take extensive technical and operational steps to protect the data we keep against unauthorised access, unlawful processing, accidental loss or destruction, damage, or misuse.
Disclosing your information
We will not share your information with any other organisations for their own marketing, market research or commercial purposes. We may pass on the information we collect about you:
- if we need to disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party
- to other parties where we identify serious concerns about your wellbeing
- to any third party or supplier for the purposes of providing the services, where you have provided consent (where appropriate)
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us using the contact details below
- let us have enough information for us to confirm your identity. We may ask for more information, for example if someone else makes the request on your behalf we may ask for a specific form of authority by which you allow them to receive your information on your behalf.
- Let us know the information to which your request relates
If you ask us to delete all data we hold about you, there may be some circumstances we will be unable to agree to your request or where we do agree to delete your data this may result in the termination of our services.
If you want to receive information about who the data controller is for one of our services, you should contact us.
If we hold your information for the purposes of services we provide on behalf of another organisation, any request you make may be more relevant to them. If you do send your request to us and we pass it to another organisation, we will tell you.
Freedom of Information
Please note that Interserve Learning & Employment are not subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA). We may hold information on behalf of clients who are subject to FOIA, however, you should direct any requests to those Public Authorities in the first instance.
Links to other websites
Changes to this policy
If you have any issues or concerns then we ask that in the first instance you set this out in writing and send this to email@example.com
If we are unable to satisfactorily deal with your complaint you can complain to the ICO which is the UK supervisory authority at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone at 0303 123 1113
How to contact us
For general queries:
Tel: 0333 444 5055
For queries in relation to data protection:
Write to: Data protection, 12 Europa View, Sheffield Business Park, Sheffield, S9 1XH
You can contact our Data Protection Officer by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to: Data Protection Officer, Interserve,91 Waterloo Rd, Lambeth, London SE1 8RT