Privacy Notice explains how Realise Learning and Employment collects, uses and protects your personal data from its websites and platforms (the “websites”).
This Privacy Notice tells you:
- what information we collect;
- how we use that information;
- the legal basis on which we collect information about you;
- to whom the information may be disclosed;
- how we protect your privacy;
- your rights; and
Information we collect from you
Your provision of information
You are under no obligation, under statute or contract, to provide us with information about you. However, if you do not do so, we may not be able to assist you
Information you provide voluntarily
When you contact us about our services, to assist us in answering any of your questions or queries or to get information on the use of our website, we will collect the information you give us voluntarily, including:
- personal details you send to us, such as:
- your name;
- email address;
- phone number;
- qualifications; and
- the information contained in your CV.
- any questions, queries or feedback you send us about using the website.
Information we automatically collect
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect to:
- improve the website by monitoring how you use it (we might also use aggregated or non-identifiable information to help with this);
- respond to any feedback or questions you send
us,if you’ve asked us to respond;
- give you
informationyou want about other services;
- provide services to you if you are a customer.
Our legal basis for processing information about you
We will only collect, use and store information about you:
- to provide services to you under a contract with you;
- for the purpose of our legitimate interests as a business; and/or
- with your consent.
Keeping your information secure
We will only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we are processing it, in line with our data retention policies, client requirements and data protection legislation. However, where possible, we will anonymise this data so that you cannot be identified. Where we do not need to continue to process your personal data, it will be securely destroyed.
We take extensive technical and operational steps to protect the data we keep against unauthorised access, unlawful processing, accidental loss or destruction, damage, or misuse.
Disclosing your information
We will not share your information with any other organisations for their own marketing, market research or commercial purposes. We will only pass on the information we collect about you:
- if we need to disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or
other third party, where we believe this is necessary:
- to comply with a legal or regulatory
- to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
- to other parties where we identify serious concerns about your wellbeing which we consider to be life-threatening;
- to any third party or supplier for the purposes of providing services to you under a contract with you, where our legitimate interests permit and/or where you have provided your explicit consent for us to do so (where appropriate).
- to comply with a legal or regulatory
We will not export information about you outside of the European Union except:
- to a country which has been approved by the European Union as having established an appropriate legal framework to protect your personal data; or
- if we have established appropriate safeguards, in compliance with legal requirements, which provide adequate protection for your personal data.
Any information that you provide will not be used for the purposes of profiling or making automated decisions about you.
Under data protection legislation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information;
- access your personal information which we hold;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
- transfer the personal information which you have provided to us to a third party, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data;
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you which is used for direct marketing purposes;
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you;
- object to our continued processing of your personal information;
otherwiserestrict our processing of your personal information.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us, using the contact details below;
- provide us with enough information for us to confirm your identity. We may ask for more information, for
exampleif someone else makes the request on your behalf we may ask for a specific form of authority by which you allow them to receive your information on your behalf.
- tell us clearly what information your request relates to.
If you ask us to delete all data we hold about you, there may be some circumstances we will be unable to agree to your request or where, if we do agree to delete your data, this may result in the termination of
If we hold your information for the purposes of services we provide on behalf of another organisation, any request you make may be more relevant to them. If you do send your request to us and we pass it to another organisation, we will tell you.
Links to other websites
Changes to this policy
We recognise that transparency is an ongoing responsibility so we will keep this privacy statement under regular review.
If you have any issues or concerns then we ask that in the first instance you set this out in writing and send this
If we are unable to satisfactorily deal with your complaint you can complain to the ICO, which is the UK supervisory authority for data protection, at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
How to contact us
Tel:0333 444 5055
Write to: Data Protection Officer, Realise Learning & Employment, 12 Europa View, Sheffield Business Park, Sheffield, S9 1XH