Hundreds of people are set to benefit from the new Project Management apprenticeship that has been launched this week in response to business demand resulting from the apprenticeship levy. Developed, delivered and supported by national training organisations, Interserve Learning & Employment and Parallel Project Training, the apprenticeship aims to improve people’s career prospects and project management skills while also contributing to business performance.
The two companies have combined their knowledge and expertise to offer the new two-year, Level 4 apprenticeship programme for employees, young people and employers to benefit from across the UK.
The first cohort of 20 project management apprentices have begun their journey, with managers from Interserve Group’s Support Services team representing contracts with the BBC and Landmark Securities, already reaping the rewards of the new apprenticeship.
Daniel Singh, Project Manager, commented: ‘I am excited, enthusiastic and optimistic about this journey, stepping back into the world of learning. . . Knowledge is power!’
Laura Grigson, Project Management Apprentice, said: ‘It’s really great to be learning again. The structure and approach is so fresh and flexible and I’m really looking forward to the rest of the course’.
The apprenticeship aims to help young people develop sought-after professional skills to help organisations deliver more projects on time and within budget, as well as more experienced managers who already work in a project environment wishing to consolidate their existing knowledge and gain a professionally recognised qualification to complement their experience.
Speaking of the new programme, MD of Interserve Learning & Employment, Chris Peel commented: “The Apprenticeship Programme is now a much more direct route that will develop the skills, attitudes and behaviours required to be a successful Project Manager. It will teach the best practices that lead to the most successful outcomes and ultimately offer a professional qualification on the same standing as a chartered accountant or chartered engineer. We’re delighted that our partnership with Parallel Training can deliver an apprenticeship with this chartered status through the qualification awarding body APM’.
If you are looking for an apprenticeship in Project Management, call one of the team on 0333 444 8802, email Professional.Apprenticeships@interserve.com. Alternatively, if you are an employer looking to advance your business through apprenticeships in project Management, call the team on 0333 444 3973.
As a result of this and other recent successes for Interserve Learning & Employment, a host of opportunities have become available for the right people to join our business during this exciting time. We are now recruiting for a variety of roles from trainers to senior managers, which you will find by visiting our vacancy pages here.
[fancy_heading title=”” h1=”0″ icon=”icon-lamp” slogan=”” style=”line” animate=””]-ENDS-[/fancy_heading]
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Word count: 396
The project management apprenticeship programme coincides with the Government’s call for more top quality apprenticeships to be designed to play a role in the success of its long-term economic plan. With ambitions to create an additional 3 million apprenticeships in England by 2020, the Government has introduced the Apprenticeship Levy, which has come into force in April 2017, further supporting the quality training of staff by employers.
INTERSERVE LEARNING & EMPLOYMENT
- Interserve Learning & Employment is part of Interserve and is a major supplier of education, skills and employment services.
- Interserve Learning & employment delivers education and work-based learning through apprenticeships that support economic growth and is the joint third largest training provider in the UK.
- Interserve Learning & Employment is one of the Skills Funding Agency’s leading providers, helping over 14,000 apprentices each year, historically in areas such as business & commerce, health & social care, childcare, hospitality and retail.
- The Launch of the Project Management Programme is the first of a new set of professional apprenticeship qualifications we have invested in and are being delivered by the company.
- Our four key values enable us to put people and places at the centre of our business, delivering sustainable communities, economic development and social inclusion. These are: everyone has a voice, take pride in what you do, bring better to life and do the right thing.
For more information visit: learning-employment.com
PARALLEL PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Parallel Project Training is a project management training organisation specialising in training based on the Association for Project Management (APM) Body of Knowledge.
- Parallel wrote the study guide in partnership with APM for the Project Management Qualification which forms part of this apprenticeship programme.
- Parallel has many key clients including some of the largest project management consultancies and customer organisations in the UK. These include The National Trust, Network Rail, DSTL and several international project management consultancies like Turner and Townsend, Arcadis and Mace.
- For more information visit www.parallelprojecttraining.com