Stagecoach Bus Driver apprenticeship
Yorkshire: £18,000 - £21,000
North East: £18,000 - £22,000
Yorkshire: 40 hours
North East: Minimum guarantee 37 hours per week, worked on a rota/shift basis
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
An unbeatable bus driver role
We're searching for sociable and reliable individuals to drive people in the right direction. You'll be using your initiative and enjoy being part of a professional, dedicated team. As a PCV Driver you'll be part of a team responsible for operating the company's network of local bus services, providing essential transport for our local communities and beyond. Comprehensive training will be provided.
Duties & responsibilities:
• Interacting with customers and making sure they enjoy a safe, pleasant and comfortable journey
• Ensuring the vehicle is driven safely at all times to the high company standards
• Issuing tickets and collecting fares.
Training & qualifications:
Full, paid training will be provided, including:
• Training to obtain a PCV licence
• Passenger Transport Operations Services - Bus Driver L2 Standard
• Vehicle and route familiarisation
• Ticket machine and ticket type training
• Introduction to company/depot systems, procedures and policies
• Periodic work related training throughout your career.
Stagecoach is the largest sustainable bus operator in the UK and serves over 100 communities in towns and cities in the UK.
• 3 million passengers every day
• 2,200 routes operated every day
• 699 million journeys a year
• 7,200 buses and coaches
• 20,000 employees
• 100 major UK bus depots
• 88% customer satisfaction
• 99.5% reliability
• A five year sustainability strategy to 30 April 2020.
Be quick! Interviews are being held on a rolling basis and so we urge you to apply at the earliest opportunity.
Requirements and prospects
Stagecoach is looking for people who are:
• Are sociable, enthusiastic and reliable
• Have effective time management
• Are able to commit to getting the job done
Stagecoach is looking for people with:
• A genuine passion for providing excellent customer service
• Resilience and empathy
• An openness to feedback and confidence working with others
No formal qualifications required although a good level of literacy and numeracy would be a distinct advantage
• Must be 18+
• Full clean license for those holding the license less than 2 years
• 6 or less penalty points on driving license
• Must not have had a driving ban in the last 5 years
• No live criminal convictions that are not spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act
• Must not be involved in any proceedings which may lead to a criminal conviction
• Must be a UK/EU citizen or have the right to work in the UK
Things to consider
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Don't delay getting your application in! Fill out the form below and we will get in touch with you...